Infertility & Pregnancy Loss
A diagnosis of infertility or experiencing a pregnancy loss can be devastating. Counseling has
shown to improve a couples emotional and sexual connection, while decreasing feelings of isolation
I specialize in helping couples:
- Rebuild passion in their relationship during their journey through infertility into parenthood
- Identify shared meaning for their loss and transition into parenthood
- Develop rituals of connection
- Communicate individual needs and support one another during the process of infertility treatments
- Create self-care plans to reduce depression and anxiety
- Feel supported and have a safe place to process next steps
- Managing anxiety and creating a plan after a confirmed pregnancy
- Connect with outside resources.
Here are just a few reasons individuals and couples seek counseling after a pregnancy loss or treatment for infertility:
- Feeling Isolated from friends and family
- Decreased sex drive or poor sexual connection
- Inability to communicate feelings and needs to partner
- Lack of support from significant other and other support systems
- Symptoms of trauma, depression, and anxiety following pregnancy or birth announcements from others
- Obsessive thoughts about conception and pregnancy
- Symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Deciding on next steps after an infertility diagnosis
I specialize in high-conﬂict couples, healing after an affair, and sex therapy. I know things may feel frustrating and hopeless when you ﬁrst start researching counselors but there is hope for you and your partner.
© 2019 Sonya Jensen . Trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
A Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Associate in Georgetown, TX.