Finding out that your partner has broken your trust can be extremely painful and confusing. We
want answers and to make sense of what happened. Counseling can help you process your
emotions, find answers, and rebuild trust again.
Healing after an affair is a process, sometimes with many ups and downs. Well it is possible to
build an even healthier bond than before, the work takes time. I’ll walk with you and your
partner through the grieving, healing, and rebuilding process.
Here are some of the things we will work through together:
- Processing both partners emotional response to the affair
- Understanding the needs of the injured partner
- Finding patterns of disconnection prior to the affair
- What is the grieving process and what does it look like for both partners
- Finding answers
- Rebuilding trust and commitment
- Strengthening communication
- Repairing the bond between partners that relates to sexual connection
- Exploring needs and sharing with partner
- Self-care and emotional regulation
- Long-term maintenance of the relationship
I specialize in high-conﬂict couples, healing after an affair, and sex therapy. I know things may feel frustrating and hopeless when you ﬁrst start researching counselors but there is hope for you and your partner.
© 2018 Sonya Jensen . Trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
A Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Associate in Georgetown, TX.